Six cartoons from The New Yorker with examples of the present perfect.
1. The jury has found you guilty. Let’s see how America voted!
2. Sorry. He’s changed his mind again. Stripes on the zebra, spots on the giraffe, no stars on the lion and make the elephant bigger and the amoeba smaller.
3. We’ve voted you off the island …
4. Now look what you’ve done!
5. Thank you but I’ve already provided for my children’s college education. Damn!
6. Hey … I love what you’ve done with the office!
Luiz Otávio Barros (ELT consultant, author, teacher educator)
Seen a cool video or image involving the present perfect simple? Drop a link in the comments!